The recipe of Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan and the recipe of Gui Zhi Fu Ling Tang are the same Chinese medicine recipe.
This recipe is a classic recipe in traditional Chinese medicine prescriptions. It has a history of more than 1,800 years, and its inventor is Zhang Zhongjing.
According to the medicinal book <Jingui Yaolüe>, Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan is made from five kinds of Chinese herbal medicines mixed with honey. The color of Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan is tan and has a sweet taste.
There was no curettage in early medicine. The doctor could only use Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan to treat the stillbirth, to make the fetus flow out of the body.
Later, it was used to treat gynecological diseases, such as women’s abdominal mass, amenorrhea, blood stasis, abdominal pain during menstruation, or persistent postpartum lochia.
In clinical practice, medical scientists have discovered that Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan can also treat some internal medical diseases and male diseases.
Main beneficial ingredients of Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan
- Gui Zhi (cassia twig)
- Fu Ling (Poria Cocos)
- Mu Dan Pi (Cortex Moutan)
- Tao Ren (Semen Persicae)
- Chi Shao (Radix Paeoniae Rubra)
In early Chinese medicine, Chi Shao and Bai Shao (White Peony Root) were the same Chinese herbal medicine. Later, people found that the efficacy of red peony is not the same as that of Bai Shao. Adding Chi Shao to Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan will make the treatment better.
Gui Zhi can relieve vascular smooth muscle spasm, dilate blood vessels, regulate blood circulation, and eliminate extravasated blood.
Tao Ren can eliminate blood clots, prevent blood coagulation, and enhance the efficacy of Gui Zhi to regulate blood circulation.
Mu Dan Pi can also eliminate extravasated blood, and it can also prevent excessive sweating caused by Gui Zhi.
Chi Shao can nourish Yin and blood, relieve pain, and regulate body fluid circulation.
Fu Ling can nourish the spleen and eliminate dampness and phlegm.
Chi Shao and Fu Ling have a diuretic effect. They can promote metabolism and eliminate harmful substances in the body.
Benefits of Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan
- Treating acne and psoriasis.
- Treating thrombophlebitis and lumbar muscle strain.
- Treating endometrial hyperplasia, endometritis, and pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Treating spanomenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, postpartum urinary retention, and ectopic pregnancy.
- Treating menopausal syndromes, such as dizziness, tinnitus, palpitations, insomnia, irritability, and menstrual disorders.
- Treating thyroid cysts, renal cysts, hepatic cysts, ovarian cysts, breast hyperplasia, and prostatic hyperplasia.
- Treating uterine fibroids. When the diameter of the uterine fibroids is less than 5 cm, its therapeutic effect is obvious, which can eliminate uterine fibroids. Surgical treatment should be performed when the diameter of the uterine fibroids is greater than 5 cm.
How to use Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan
When using it, follow the instructions for the medicine. There are two kinds of Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan which are big pills and concentrated pills.
When you take the big pill, 6 grams each time, 1-2 times daily. When you take the concentrated pill, 1.3 g (about 9 tablets) each time, 1-2 times daily.
Generally, after using it for 1-2 weeks, the body will improve. When it is used to treat uterine fibroids, the medication period is about 2-3 months.
If the disease is serious, it may be appropriately increased in dose.
Side effects of Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan
Except for the allergies caused by its ingredients, it has almost no side effects.
Taking it for a long time may cause stomach upset and stomach pain. These symptoms will disappear after you stop taking it.
Precaution of Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan
- Pregnant women should not take it.
- Women with a large amount of vaginal bleeding should not take it.
- Women should not take it during menstruation or for three days after menstruation stops.
- People with the weak body should not take it.
- It should not be taken with a drug containing Li Lu (Black False Hellebore).
- When taking it, you should not eat cold, spicy, and greasy food.
- If you are using other drugs, you need to ask your doctor.